Thursday 22 November 2012

Hi used some new stamps I got last week to make a card today.
 I've made it so I can join in on The Cuttlebug spot challenge.  This week you have to add a feather, I've never  joined in with their challenge before, just found it last night and thought I would try a card.
The stamps I have used are by Kanban, I stamped and embossed the window onto acetate. Also stamped it onto my card then cut the middle out. I then stuck the acetate behind and covered the workings up with another piece of card that I had cut the opening in.  I debossed the front of the white card under the window then also debossed a piece of blue card. Stamped my lady and coloured in with promarkers and Sakura gel pen, added a feather to her hat and gems. I then decoupaed the ruffle on her parasol and the sashes on her dress. Used my cuttlebug again to cut out the sentiment that I had stamped.
Have a good weekend everyone. Hugs x ChrisB

7 comments:

  1. This is lovely Christine. A very elegant lady and beautifully coloured. The feather in her hat matches perfectly too.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you decided to join us over at The Cuttlebug Spot this week ! I think your card is very elegant, I love your image and the coloring as well !!
    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chris, I'm having another long overdue blog catch up this evening so I'm working backwards through your posts. Looks like I'm in for a treat too :D!

    This is a beautiful start! Love what you've done with the window and that beautiful lady stamp (looks like Eliza Dolittle). The decoupaged pieces are perfect and the feather the final compliment.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love...love...love that lady! great job on the whole card. glad you could join us this week at The Cuttlebug Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Chris. I love your window - it is scrumptious! Everything about your card is so elegant.

    Thanks for playing along at The Cuttlebug Spot for the first time. Hope you'll be back to play again soon.

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chris hope you're doing ok. I love the way you've used the feather, it's not a card with a feather added it's a card that looks just perfect with the feather added. Probably need more coffee to make sense, hope you know what I'm trying to say, it's super!
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you added the feather to the image - it's fabulous! Really stunning. x x

    ReplyDelete