Monday, 12 January 2015

I've something to post at last.

Hi everyone , I've something to post at long last, my first card for this year. I was asked by a lady that I have only seen once to make a card for her new Grandson. I got talking to her in the knitting and craft shop and she  was looking at ribbons at the same time as myself . She's not seen any of my cards so I hoping she likes what I have made. She wanted something special and Vintage in red , white and navy.
 First of all I decided to make an easel card which is 7 x 7. For the front of the card I decided to put words on the front in a heart. I used a tattered lace embossing folder for the background. The images are all cut from some fabric that I have had for about 10  to 15 years. For my stopper I cut a pram and made it look like a silvercross pram by cutting it out in three colours and paper piecing it.

 This next picture is the inside of the card, the card actually opens tent fold.
 I then drew and designed the box as I wanted one with a flap, it fastens with velcro.

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and New Year,  I had a lovely time,my daughter Helen came down from Scotland for 3 days as she was on call the rest of the time. We also had my son and his girlfriend and of course Maddison on Christmas day.

I didn't  manage to get on before christmas as I was ill for about 3 weeks with a really bad cough, but luckily had recovered in time for the festivities.  

My washer broke just before the holidays so had no washer for 3 weeks. The insurance company sent someone to fix it last Friday. I have just about got straight now. 
My back as been worse this last week, just hoping that I can spend more time with Maddison playing and making memories.
We had a lovely time at week end. She wanted a den, So I built one from one side of my dining room to the other, using an old maiden and two big sheets and my dining room table and a chair. We spent about 3 hours playing with her dolls and me doing all the voices. The best of it was she was sat in the chair undercover in comfort, the dolls were in the middle under the maiden and Nanna was crawling about under the table all the time. We had a picnic and played school with the dolls , all in their new school uniforms that I had made and sent to Father Christmas. Lee was working all night so Hubby gave her a bath. He fills the bath about  10" high with bubbles and she plays at volcanoes, or castles or space planets then as a lovely time popping all the bubbles over my tiles on the wall and Grandad  as well.  After I had dryed her hair and     she had got her pj's on we watched the voice. Then I spent the next half hour reading her a story while she was painting on the desk in the bedroom.,  She went out like a light and had a lie in on Sunday until 9am. She wasn't the only one. I didn't wake up until 10 o'clock , Maddie had finished her breakfast and was painting again before I was up. She just had time to play in the den before she had to go home. A lovely time was had by all of us.


  1. This card is beautiful and a lovely matching box as well - I'm sure the lady will be well pleased. Take care - all the best for 2015

  2. Wow Christ├Čne, your card is absolutely stunning. It must take you hours and hours to make. So exquisite. Glad you had a fabulous time with your family. I do hope that you can get some pain relief from your doctor for your back.