Sunday 9 January 2011

Look Deeply into Nature

Hi I have made this card for my Brother for his birthday. I have entered it into Phindys Place Challenge  for Distressing. It's only the second challenge I have entered and the 1st at Phindy's place as I don't have any of there images yet.
I used Jenny Mayes tree stamp and birds , I also used a Stamp Addict swirl stamp for on the bacground and a Viva wording stamp under the trees. The Sentiment stamp is by Sheena Douglas. The backing paper
is one from Elusive Image and the dotty one was free from a magazine I think. I used two Die cuts. Go Kreate pointy frame and Spellbinders Labels H. The distress inks were Rusty Hinge, Black Soot, Wild Honey, Stormy Sky, Broken China,Weathered Wood. I also used Vera Magic, Sea Breeze and Adirondack Denim. All the stamping was done with Archival Jet Black. The lines across the writing were done with the edge of a piece of card. I also added Inkessentials white pen to the trees.

7 comments:

  1. Christine this is lovely! What beautiful use of Distress Inks and gorgeous tree stamps.

    Thank you for joining us and taking the Phindy’s Place Challenge, do hope you’ll join us next week!
    Hugs
    Anne

    PS If you email me I'll try to help with the watermark thing: raypack@btinternet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chris, pretty card, love all the layering, have a great week:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is fabulous Chris. I love how you've created the scene ith sll those inks and the design is terrific.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice card!
    Thanks for joining us at the Phindy's Place challenge and hope to see you back...
    xxx Anne-Marije

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Christine you've used the distress inks beautifully! Worth framing :)
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely Chris. I love the depth you've created both with the DIs and by using the various layers. You've also used a colour palette I love. You've created and really wonderful scene.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete