Tuesday 12 February 2013

A hoot of a time.

After reading my craft stamper I decided to have a go at doing a card shape I had seen on page 78. It is a triple little card. It uses your spellbinders for making a shaped triple card, couldn't believe how easy it was. Why had I not thought of doing shaped cards like that. Good job there are lots of clever folks about to inspire folks like me.

I coloured my card with two colours of pigment ink. Then cut the shaped sections and the frames with my dies. Decided to use my little owl stamps again that were off the front of a magazine. I love these they are by Woodware and are a proper set of stamps much better quality than you usually get free on most of the magazines. I stamped the branches and coloured them with promarkers and paper pieced the owls. stamped onto paper for all the tiny flowers. I also really like the sentiments, I think they are having a hoot of time in my tree.
I had a lovely time with my Grandaughter at the weekend. She came home from school and said she wanted to make a Robot out of some garbage. So out came the glue , scissors and old boxes and Yogurt pots tissue and buttons and here is the result, helped by her Nana. She had a lovely time getting full of glue , cutting cogs on my cuttlebug and raiding my stash of buttons.


She had also come home excited because she had got two certificates from school for her reading at the end of term. Here she is proudly showing them off to us.
I'm off now to catch up again with what I have been missing in blog land. Happy crafting . Thanks for popping by. Hugs x ChrisB

3 comments:

  1. That is a clever shaped card - must have a go some time. It looks good with those owls which as you say were good for a freebie. Well done to Madison with the robot and of course the certificates from school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done Maddison and Grandma for making such a fabulous robot and I love your shaped card Christine...keep warm and snuggy hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that robot is fabulous Chris. I bet Maddison had a brilliant time with you making him. Love the card too. I saw the article in CS but haven't even had time to read it properly yet.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete