Wednesday 31 July 2013

Two days of playing around

Hi folks two lovely days of playing around and I have finished my first mirror. I have covered the mirror with a piece of paper so I could get a photo. This is the first time I have tri
ed anything like this and I am quite pleased with how it turned out.
I  used gesso and painted my mirror frame then used  Eco Friendly acrylic paint colour Lake for my base coat. I then used a bit of kitchen sponge with holes pulled in. I sponged Lime and Blue Patina over. I then added a more pale jade colour. I stamped on tissue paper and coloured on the wrong side with coloured pencils. I stuck these on with melted beeswax then more beeswax over the top. In the blank places I stamped with gold paint and a chicken wire stamp also in the Patina paint with diamonds stamp. I added some frantage with white and gold powder.  The corners were covered in Croco paint and left to dry then stuck on the other two corners I embossed with gold embossing powder .  I decided to add a 3d butterfly , this was made with two different die cuts which I embossed gold also. I cut the first one out and stuck it onto my dirty wet wipe from cleaning my paint up with. I cut around this and then added some glitter. Next I added the other on top. To finish off I also decided to 3d my two flowers and painted some wax through some sequin waste and colour with gilding wax.
All of these items were new to me and I had a wonderful time being creative and learning new things.
Thanks for calling by. I hope you have been having some crafting fun to. See you soon. Hugs x ChrisB

8 comments:

  1. I love what you've done with this mirror frame with all the different elements - love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wow Chris. This is gorgeous. So much work and detail has gone into this. It's hard to believe it's your first attempt at something like this.You must do more! Another great idea was to cover the glass with paper while you took the photo. Great top tip.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow - this is absolutely stunningly beautiful truly gorgeous

    I hope that you scan went well and that you are keeping in good health this glorious summer

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous piece, Chris. You should more than pleased with the finished article.

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is lovely Chris - really like the muted colours

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW a lovely piece of work, well done, your mirror is wonderful. Great colours and interesting design, taking your eye around :D Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous! What a beautiful treasure you have turned it into! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, this doesn't look like your first attempt at something mixed media Chris! It's beautiful and I hope you have somewhere planned for hanging it to show it off!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete