Tuesday 1 November 2011

Bugger of a weekend

What a bugger of a weekend I had. I was surpossed to be going to a craft show for a couple of hours. Unfortunately it didn't happen. I was in pain with alot of fluid build up. I spent eight and half hours in hospital waiting for a no show Doctor. I was told he might not be qualified to treat you when he turns up. I could n't even get any painkillers. The breast unit only works 9am until 5pm Monday to Friday so if your ill outside of that just forget it because there is no help at all. I finally had the fluid removed at 10am Monday morning.
I am at the hospital everyday this week I am having more pain at the moment than when I had my operation. I am so sore and struggling to do my exercises, they have told me that I might fill up again with fluid for 6 or 7 times.
I hope not, this is really dragging me down at the moment.  I am trying to keep postative for the scans and hoping that they go well. Might not see you much for the rest of the week. Take care have fun Hugs x ChrisB

8 comments:

  1. Oh Chris what a miserable way to spend your weekend, I'm so sorry. Anything you want picking up at the NEC? I'm going Thursday.
    Sending you gentle hugs
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris, I'm so sorry to hear this, it's the last thing you need after all you're going through already. I hope you don't fall i'll again let alone outside their 'normal' working hours. Take care of your self, big gentle hugs, Gay xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Chris, I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time. I've not been able to visit all last week as I had both my 3 year old granddaughters staying for the whole week. Looking back I'm not sure how I managed it! However, I am glad to see you've been quite busy with your Christmas cards. They're lovely all of them.

    That was a really nasty experience at the hospital 'out of hours. Quite disgusting too as no-one should have to suffer pain for that length of time when something could be done about it by the right person. I hope it doesn't happen again .

    Take care Sweetie and I'll be back towards the end of the week.

    Hugs and lots of love
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Chris
    You didn't miss much at all and I'm sure Pat has told you all about it by now, did you manage to phone Janet Mc let me know how you got on.
    There were more people with cakes than crafts needless to say I came home with cake and very little in crafting goodies lol :O
    Sheilagh xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear Chris you could certainly do without that sort of treatment (or non treatment) at the moment. Hope your week improves as it goes along - sending positive vibes your way
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor you Chris, not what you want or need! Is there a lymphodoema (spelling?) support group near you? If so, they could probably help you, apparently breast units do not always give people contact details, and a friend who has had treatment says they are very good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a shambles Chris - I do hope you have better treatment and better news this week

    Thinking of you
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Chris I'm so sorry you're having such a bad time and that the local hospital was no help...how terrible1
    Thinking of you
    Suzi B xx

    ReplyDelete